Thursday 1 March 2012

Readin',Rightin' an' Poertree

Reading widely is said to broaden one’s horizons. I would agree wholeheartedly. So, although I am not a fan of Shakespeare, Aristotle etc. I do try to read them.
Poetry, alas, has never been a literary form that attracted me, but here again; I do try to read it, on occasion.
I’m having a go at Milton at the moment and he is hard going for a Philistine such as me.
As a nod to the great man, here’s something I call
Pair o’dice lost.
Of man’s naughtiness, for eating Fruit
That this is definitely at the root
Of things which are wont to have caused the Fall
And brung down dismay, ‘pon one and all
Whisper not, oh wicked Temptress
Begone, Abbaddon  on the Eve of this momentous throw
The green baize beckons as the fairest garden of morn
That with no middle flight intends to soar
And a piddling pauper I shall be no more
So beguile me no more Foul Serpent I cry
This final throw of the dice let it not be Snake Eyes


The Ark



3 comments:

  1. Howzit Ark. Thanks for inviting me to your blog. Good to see you. You've done a pretty good job sir. :) Love this!
    Regards to all,
    Dinx
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notice your Star sign is the same as my two'kids'. No wonder we get on! Such taste...:)

      Delete
  2. Forgot I had this blog....!Moonbeam? :)
    I'll try and post stuff everywhere, when I remember.
    X 2u2

    ReplyDelete